Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
In the same genus as Lizalfos, Dynalfos are a race of intelligence lizard-like humanoids, living in tribe-like societies in the Dungeons across Hyrule. Dynalfos often serve as the Chieftans and high-guard of these societies, as when they are born they have the ability to breath fire. When confronted in their Dungeon homes, they will fight to the death to stop any intruders from finding their tribe and egg-clutches. Unlike Lizalfos, Dynalfos often fight alone for the glory. It is a common practice for Dynalfos to wear heavy armor and carry heavier weapons, which show rank and status.
Dynalfos can come in any color and variation, though often possess coloration similar to their home environment. Depending on the tribe, you may find Dynalfos with spikes or fins along their spine, and these traits are highly coveted by Saurian females. Dynalfos are monstrous humanoids with the saurian subtype.
Dynalfos Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Dynalfos are strong and clever, but are often brash and inconsiderate of others.
- Medium: Dynalfos are medium and thus have no penalties or bonuses due to size.
- Normal Speed: Dynalfos have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Dynalfos have eyes attuned to the night, and thus Darkvision 60 feet.
- Dragon’s Fortitude: Once per day, when a Dynalfos makes a Fortitude saving throw, it can roll twice and take the better result.
- Dungeon Dwellers: Dynalfos are used to living in dungeons, and thus receive a racial bonus of +1 to Knowledge (Dungeoneering) and Survival checks whilst underground or within a dungeon.
- Firey Breath: Once per day, as a standard action, Dynalfos can make a breath weapon attack that deals 2d6 points of the fire damage in a 50-foot line originating from the player. All creatures within the affected area must make a Reflex saving throw to halve the damage. The save DC against this breath weapon is 10 + 1/2 level + Constitution modifier.
- Scaled Skin: Due to the heavy scales across their bodies, Dynalfos have a +2 Natural Armor bonus.
- Tail Slaps: Dynalfos have a tail they can use to make attacks. The tail is a secondary natural attack that deals 1d6 plus 1-1/2 times Strength bonus. Should the Dynalfos gain a primary natural attack, attacks made with the tail are at -5 and add only 1/2 Strength bonus to damage.
- Weapon Proficiency: Dynalfos are racially proficient with Kobold Tail Attachments and Scimitars.
- Languages: Dynalfos begin play speaking Draconic. Dynalfos with a high intelligence score may learn Common, Ancient Hylian, Moblin, and Deku.
Images © Nintendo, As seen in Hyrule Warriors.