Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
One of the spectrum of Humans, Hylians have a few traits that set them apart from others. The first are their pointed ears, which can range from a small point to a long taper. It is said that they were gifted to them by the Goddess Hylia in order to hear the words of the gods, which many Hylian priests attest to. Second is the tendency for magical talent, often stated by the Royal family to be due to their direct descendance from the Goddess Hylia herself. While none of these claims can be substantiated, there are more than a few wizard or sorcerer who follow this belief.
Hylians have the same deviations and diversity as humans, though are differentiated by their narrow pointed ears and tendency for taller heights. Hylians are Humanoids with the Elf subtype.
Hylian Racial Traits
- +2 to One Ability Score: To represent diversity in their nature, choose one score and add +2 to it.
- Medium: Hylians suffer no penalties or bonuses due to size.
- Normal Speed: Hylians have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Hylians can see twice as far as humans in the dark.
- Hylian Immunities: Hylians are immune to sleep and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws to resist enchantment spells and effects.
- Lucky: Hylians gain a +1 racial bonus to all saving throws.
- Magical Linguist: Hylians gain +1 to the DC of spells they cast that have the language-dependent descriptor or that create glyphs, symbols, or other magical writings. They also gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against such spells. Hylians with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user’s character level): 1/day— arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic
- Weapon Familiarity: Hylians are proficient with all bows and any weapon with the world “elven” in its name.
- Languages: Hylians begin play speaking Common and Hylian. Hylians with High Intelligence scores can learn any Language (except for secret languages such as Drudic or Sheikan).
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Hyrule Historia