Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
The Kokiri are a race of child-like beings that live deep within the Lost Woods. Kokiri are ageless, even though they appear and act as Hylian children, and are followed constantly by their guardian fairy- who often serves as their deepest friend, mentor, and parent. All Kokiri revere the Great Deku Tree and many believe that he created them. Before the Boy in Green and the Sage Saria left the Lost Woods, Kokiri believed they would die if they left the forest limits and based their society in this seclusion.
Kokiri, as mentioned before, look similar to Hylian children. They tend to have blonde hair and blue eyes, but have been known to have appearances similar to the forest around them. Most notable is the Kokiri’s garb, which is iconicly green and usually includes a green cap. The fairy that accompanies them can be any color. Kokiri never grow taller than a human child might, and thus range around 4’0" at the tallest.
Kokiri Racial Traits
- +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength: The Kokiri are as cute as children and very smart, but lack brute strength.
- Small: Kokiri are small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and +4 size bonus on Stealth checks but suffer a -1 penalty to their CMB and CMD.
- Fey Blood: Kokiri are considered Fey for the purposes of spells and effects. They have low-light vision, and eat, breathe, and sleep.
- Slow Speed: Due to their size, Kokiri have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Deathless Spirit: Kokiri gain resist 5 negative energy damage. They do not lose hit points when they gain a negative level and they gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against death effects, energy drain, negative energy, and spells or spell-like abilities of the necromancy school.
- Curiosity: Kokiri are naturally inquisitive about the world around them and therefore gain a +4 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information, and Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (local) become class skills for them. If they choose a class that has either of these Knowledge skills as class skills, they gain a +2 racial bonus on those skills instead.
- Protector of the Forest: Kokiri add +1 to the caster level of any abjuration spells they cast. Kokiri also gain the following spell-like abilities: Constant — nondetection ; 1/day — faerie fire, obscure object, sanctuary
- Languages: Kokiri begin play speaking Common and Deku. Kokiri with a high intelligence score can also learn the following: Ancient Hylian, Draconic, Goron, Hylian, Sylvan, and Zoran.