Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
The Sheikah are a tribe of long lived warriors who have devoted their lives to the Royal Family of Hyrule. They are most well known for their abilities to meld into the shadows and use magic, which makes them similar to Hylians in many aspects. Sheikah were originally servants of the goddess Hylia and continue to serve her under the guise of the Royal Family. In this way, Sheikah have helped maintain legends and prophecies around Hyrule. Sheikah were killed to near extinction during the Hyrule Civil war and are therefore a very difficult race to find in great numbers.
Although Sheikah are inherintly similar to Hylians, the one factor that sets them apart is their piercing red eyes. This has been incorporated into much of their culture and their symbol, a crying red eye with three triangles above it, play off of this trait. In all other features they are similar to Hylians. They stand in the range of normal human growth.
Sheikah Racial Traits
- +2 to Two Ability Scores: Due to their diverse nature, Sheikah may apply +2 to any two ability scores they wish.
- Medium: Sheikah suffer no penalties or bonuses due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Sheikah have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Shadow Blending: Attacks made against Sheikah while they are within areas of dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of 20% chance.
- Shadow Resistance: Sheikah have resist 5 Acid and Cold.
- Integrated: Sheikah have a +1 racial bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Knowledge(Local) checks.
- Silent Hunter: Sheikah reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty.
- Lightbringer: Sheikah are immune to light-based blindness and dazzle effects, and are treated as a level higher when determining the effects of any light-based spells or effects they cast. If a Sheikah has an Intelligence of 10 or higher, they gain the following spell-like ability: At Will— light
- Languages: Sheikah begin play knowing Common and Sheikan. Sheikah with a high Intelligence score may learn any language (except secret languages like Druidic).
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Skyward Sword