Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
The Zora are a tribe of aquatic based humanoids who are lead under a monarchy. They generally make their homes in watery caves and waterfalls that are unlikely to freeze, due to their dislike of life on the land. Outside of water their skin tends to dry to an uncomfortable point, making them attached to the water. The Zora are also fans of the Arts and have been known to collect art and music in many forms, as well as create splendid armors that allow others to visit them below the surface of the water. Zora are a militarized people, trained in the combat arts. Most know their way around a polearm or sword.
Zora can be found in many shapes and sizes, and have many color variations. Traits all Zora have are a long and flexible extension of their head, powerful flippered feet and arms, and webbed hands. Patterns appear on the Zora’s bodies similar to fish of all types. They tend to grow taller than most humans, ranging from 5’8" to 6’10".
Zora Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Zora are nimble and cunning, but are naturally unsettling.
- Medium: Zora have no bonuses or penalties based on their size.
- Normal Speed: Zora have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Swim: Due to their webbed feet and hands, Zora also have a swim speed of 30 feet and gain a +8 racial bonus to Swim.
- Amphibious: Zora have the ability to breath water as they would air.
- Water Sense: While a Zora is touching any body of water, they are granted a 30 foot Blindsense to see other creatures within it.
- Illusion Resistance: Zora receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells and effects.
- Stubborn: As a Zora, you receive a +2 racial bonus to Will saving throws to resist enchantments. If it fails this save, it may attempt 1 round later to end the effect.
- Water-Born: Zora are granted a +4 racial bonus to Stealth while in Aquatic environments.
- Greed: Zora have the innate ability to appraise gemstones and metals. Gain a +2 racial bonus to Appraise to determine the price of non-magic goods that contain precious gems or metals.
- Languages: Zora begin play knowing Common and Zoran. Zora with a high intelligence score may choose from the following languages: Ancient Hylian, Deku, Draconic, Gerudo, Goron, and Hylian.
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Hyrule Historia