Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
Commonly found around the land of Hyrule, Bokoblins are the mid-range of Moblinoids and are relatives to the Moblin and Miniblin. Though more conniving than their counterparts, they still aren’t intelligent enough to have a basic understanding of the common tongue. Bokoblin are generally found working for the Dark Forces in Hyrule, they have a reputation of being distrustful sell-swords and minions. They revel in taking trophies and wear said items on their person.
Bokoblin can be found in many varieties, in all colors of the rainbow and with horns of all shapes. Like most races in Hyrule they have long pointed ears, some of which are flop down. Bokoblin tend to have tails and hair, but some cut these features off in an attempt to be more combat proficient. They stand between 4’8" and 5’8".
Bokoblin Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence: Bokoblins are hired for their might and heartiness, but aren’t renowned for their intelligence.
- Medium: Bokoblin suffer no penalties nor bonuses from their size.
- Normal Speed: Bokoblin have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Bokoblins can see twice as far as humans in dim light.
- Cornered Fury: Whenever a Bokoblin is reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, it gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and Armor Class.
- Hardy: Bokoblin gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Weapon Familiarity: Bokoblin have a racial proficiency with longswords and scimitars.
- Languages: Bokoblin begin play knowing Moblin. Bokoblin with high intelligence scores may learn the following languages: Common, Deku, Draconic, and Gerudo.
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Wind Waker