Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
The Deku are a race of intelligent fey plant life that are known for their habit to choose the side of a fight based on personal gain rather than loyalties. Some Deku may be more than willing to help you, while others may simply attack on approach. All Deku have the ability to spit a self-generated nut, generally to attack.
All Deku share the same red-orange eyes, wooden bodies, and plant based body features. They tend to stand between 4’5" and 3’0".
Deku Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence: The Deku are fleet of foot and have a collected wisdom, but aren’t as sharp with their wit.
- Small: Deku are small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and +4 size bonus on Stealth checks but suffer a -1 penalty to their CMB and CMD.
- Normal Speed: Despite their size, the Deku move at a fleet base speed of 30 feet. (0RP)
- Resistant: Deku are naturally hardy and receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects and poison.
- Forest-Folk: Deku receive a +4 to Stealth while within Forests.
- Fertile Soil: Sorcerer Deku with the Verdant Bloodline treat their Charisma as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and abilities. Deku Clerics with the Plant Domain use their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
- Sprinter: Deku gain +10 foot racial bonus to speed when using the charge, run, or withdraw actions.
- Seed Attack: As a Deku, you have the ability to project seeds from your mouth. You may use this ability a number of times a day equal to your Constitution Modifier. As a Standard action you can spit a seed up to 20 feet away, dealing 1d6. This attack counts as a Natural Weapon.
- Treespeech: Deku have the ability to speak with plants as if under a continual Speak with Plants spell.
- Languages: Deku begin play speaking Deku. Deku with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Ancient Hylian, Common, Hylian, and Sylvan.
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Majora’s Mask