Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
The Gerudo are an ancient tribe of desert dwellers, consisting almost entirely of women. They live and have lived in exile within the desert aptly named after them, and are known best for their horsemanship, skills in archery and magic, and distaste of folks from beyond the desert. It is said that every one hundred years a male Gerudo is born to the tribe, who will become their king. Though reproduction seems like an unlikely thing among a tribe of women, they are known to take lovers from other races.
Gerudo are recognizable for their long nose, dark skin, golden eyes, and fiery red hair which has been consistent over the history of the tribe. As a Gerudo ages, their skin bronzes and begins to turn a dark brown- nearly green in tint.
Gerudo Racial Traits
- +2 to Two Ability Scores: Due to their harsh and varied life-styles, Gerudo get +2 to 2 ability scores of their choice.
- Medium: Gerudo receive no penalties or bonuses due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Gerudo have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Desert Runner: Gerudo receive a +4 racial bonus to Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as endure the elements.
- Fearless: Gerudo receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws to resist fear.
- Scavenger: Gerudo gain a +2 racial bonus to Appraise and Perception checks to find hidden objects, determine if a food is spoiled, and detect poison by taste.
- Stalker: As a Gerudo, you always have Perception and Stealth as class skills.
- Hatred: Due to ancient blood feuds, Gerudo gain a +1 racial bonus to attack the Hylian and Good subtypes.
- Languages: Gerudo begin play speaking Common and Gerudo. Gerudo with High Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Ancient Hylian, Deku, Draconic, Goron, Moblin, and Zoran.
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Hyrule Historia