Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
Goron hail from the rocky regions of Hyrule, and are well known for their abilities to smith, mine, and craft items of function. The Goron tribes are Patriarchal, usually the oldest male in the tribe being the Elder. They live in tight knit communities, and are generally seen to be jovial and friendly creatures known for their ability to party and wrestle. Gorons live in and near mountains as their main source of food are mineral heavy rocks.
Gorons are characterized by their rough rocky hides, white rocky hair, small black eyes, and tribal tattoos. Gorons can grow to enormous sizes, given the proper conditions and food, and are known to live in places of extreme heat- including volcanoes. Goron trend larger than humans, and are in a similar growth range to Moblin. They range from 5’10" to nearly 8’0".
Goron Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity: The Goron are mighty and wise, but considering their bulk, they’re not very nimble.
- Medium: Goron have no racial bonuses or penalties related to their size.
- Slow Speed: Due to their massive bodies, Gorons have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Darkvision: Goron have darkvision 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Gorons have a +1 natural armor bonus due to their rocky carapace.
- Stability: Goron receive a +4 racial bonus to their CMD when resisting bull rush or trip attempts while standing on the ground.
- Energy Resistance: Due to their natural habitat, Goron have resist 5 Fire.
- Craftsman: Gorons receive a +4 racial bonus to Craft or Profession checks to create objects from stone.
- Stonecunning: Gorons receive a +4 racial bonus to Perception to notice unusual stonework, such as traps. They receive this check whenever they pass within 10 feet of an object.
- Roll: Members of the Goron race have the natural ability to curl themselves into a ball. As a swift action, you may curl into a ball. While curled, your base speed increases by 10 feet and you gain +2 to CMB checks to Bull Rush or Overrun. While charging in a straight line, your speed increases by another 10 feet. As a swift or move action, you can unroll, leaving you prone or on your feet. You cannot hold an item while in ball form, but you may wear armor.
- Languages: Goron begin play speaking Common and Goron. Gorons with high Intelligence can also learn: Ancient Hylian, Deku, Draconic, Gerudo, Hylian, Moblin, and Zoran.
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Hyrule Historia