Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
Lizalfos are a race of intelligence lizard-like humanoids, living in tribe-like societies in the Dungeons across Hyrule. When confronted in their Dungeon homes, they will fight to the death to stop any intruders from finding their tribe and egg-clutches. They will almost always fight in groups of two to four, cleverly tag-teaming any foe without mercy. A common practice among warriors of Lizalfos tribes is the strapping of weaponry to the tails, such as a macehead or axeblade,using them to supplement their already vicious attacks. Others still will wear skulls of fallen members to supplement their armor.
Lizalfos can come in any color and variation, though often possess coloration similar to their home environment. Depending on the tribe, you may find Lizalfos with spikes or fins along their spine, and these traits are highly coveted by Lizalfos females.
Lizalfos Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma: Lizalfos are strong and clever, but are often brash and inconsiderate of others.
- Medium: Lizalfos are medium and thus have no penalties or bonuses due to size.
- Normal Speed: Lizalfos have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Lizalfos have eyes attuned to the night, and thus Darkvision 60 feet.
- Dungeon Dwellers: Lizalfos are used to living in dungeons, and thus receive a racial bonus of +1 to Knowledge (Dungeoneering) and Survival checks whilst underground or within a dungeon.
- Stalker: Preception and Stealth are always considered class skills for a Lizalfos.
- Quick Reactions: At first level, Lizalfos receive as a bonus feat.
- Slapping Tail: Lizalfos have a tail they can use to make attacks (Also Attacks of opportunity) with a reach of 5 feet. The tail is a natural attack that deals 1d8 + Strength modifier damage.
- Weapon Familiarity: Lizalfos are racially proficient with Kobold Tail Attachments and Scimitars.
- Languages: Lizalfos begin play speaking Draconic. Lizalfos with a high intelligence score may learn Common, Ancient Hylian, Moblin, and Deku.
Alternative Racial Template – Aeralfos
As listed above, however you gain the following ability at the cost of Slapping Tail and Stalker.
- Flight: Aeralfos have a fly speed of 30 feet, at Clumsy maneuverability.
Images © Nintendo, As seen in Hyrule Historia (Skyward Sword) and Twilight Princess.