Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
The largest of the Moblinoids, Moblins are the strongest of their counterparts. Though not as intelligent as Bokoblin, Moblin do have an understand of and can speak common, and are often looked to as intermediaries during sell-sword and mercenary transactions. Unlike other Moblinoids, Moblins are capable of writing, competition, and even love. Moblin have a history of working with the Dark Forces of Hyrule, and as such are looked down upon and even feared by the common populace. Like Bokoblin, they are known to take trophies of past enemies.
Like other Moblinoids, Moblin can be found in any color, though are most commonly brown. They tend to have squat pig-like faces, pointed ears that flop down, and short curled tails. Due to their war-like nature, Moblins often have tribal tattoos and multiple scars. They stand between 5’11" and 8’0".
Moblin Racial Traits
- +4 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Moblins are extremely strong, but lack in complex mental function.
- Medium: Moblin suffer no penalties nor bonuses due to size.
- Normal Speed: Moblin have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Moblin can see twice as far as humans in dim light.
- Cornered Fury: Whenever a Moblin is reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, it gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and Armor Class.
- Weapon Familiarity: Moblin are proficient with both spears and bows.
- Defensive Training: Moblin receive a +4 dodge bonus to AC against Hylians.
- Moblin Ferocity: Once per day, when a Moblin is below 0 health but is not killed, it can fight on for 1 more round as if disabled. At the end of its next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, it immediately falls unconscious and begins to die.
- Languages: Moblin begin play knowing Common and Moblin. Moblin with high intelligence scores can learn the following: Ancient Hylian, Draconic, Gerudo, and Hylian.
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Wind Waker