Legend of Zelda: An RPG to the Past
Twili are beings of shadow, exiled to the Realm of Shadow after an attempted coup for power in the world of Light. Three mages created the fused shadows, a helm that granted the wearer immense power, and sought to control the throne. The spirits of light cast them down and they were exiled through the Mirror of Twilight. Now they cannot even step beyond its limits without perishing.
Twili vary greatly physically, ranging from imp size to normal human stature. Their appearances also vary greatly, those from royal lineage looking far more human than the rather cartoonish normal populace. All Twili share the same bluish-grey skin with black patterning, scrawling patterns in a glowing blue, and red pupils with yellow sclera. They stand between 6’0" and 4’0".
Twili Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Twili are lithe and wise by age, but their alien appearance hinders them.
- Medium: Twili are not hindered nor helped by their size.
- Normal Speed: Twili have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Twili have darkvision 120 feet.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light will Blind Twili for one round. On subsequent rounds they are dazzled as long as they remain in the area.
- Venerability to Sunlight: Due to the nature of Twili, they take 1 point of Constitution damage after every hour spent exposed to sunlight.
- Eternal Hope: Twili receive a +2 racial bonus to fear and despair effects. Once per day, Twili may reroll any Natural 1 and use the second result.
- Shadow Resistance: Twili are granted a natural resistance to the elements. They gain resist 5 Cold and resist 15 Electric.
- Hatred: Due to their exile to the realm of Shadow, Twili receive +1 to attack Humanoids with the Hylian and Good subtypes.
- Quick Reactions: Twili receive Improved Initiative as a bonus feat at first level.
- Shadow Blending: Attacks made against a Twili while they are within an area of dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of a 20% miss chance.
- Shadow Magic: Twili add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against spells of the shadow subschool that they cast. Twili with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities with their caster level equaling their character level: 1/day— ghost sound, pass without trace, ventriloquism.
- Light and Dark: Once per day as an immediate action, a Twili may choose to receive damage from positive energy and be healed by negative energy. This is active for 1 minute.
- Languages: Twili begin play knowing Common and Twili. Twili with high Intelligences can choose from the following: Ancient Hylian, Deku, Draconic, Gerudo, Goron, Moblin, and Zoran.
Image © Nintendo; As seen in Twilight Princess